We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplashControl center issue

Hi,

Environment:

Syncfusion 7.3.0.20, Windows XP, VS Studio 2008, C#, two Monitors (Primary is extern, secondary is Notebook-TFT).

Challenge:

I try to show a centered Splashcontrol:

//set alignment
splashControlMain.DesktopAlignment = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplashAlignment.Center;

//show Splash
splashControlMain.ShowSplash(true);

Problem:

The Splash is not shown centered, it's appearing at the right side of the screen middle. I had a look at your Sample SplahPanelDemo_2008 => same problem, clicking ShowSplash(Modal) displays the splash at the wrong position. But: When clicking ShowSplash it is displayed correct.

I tried to find out what I am doing wrong - do someone have an idea?

Thanks in Advance!

Martin

SplashControl_6460169b.zip

3 Replies

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team February 19, 2010 02:21 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

We used dual monitor and checked. But Splash Panel appeared at the centre for both ShowSplash and ShowSplash(modal). Let us know whether the SplashPanel is shown at the centre if you use only single monitor?

Thanks,
Rajasekar

MH Martin Hagenow February 22, 2010 07:28 AM UTC

Hi,

I checked with different settings:

environment: Notebook-TFT: 1680*1050, external TFT: 1280*1024

=> notebook is left and TFT right
1. only Notebook -> ok, appears centered
2. only TFT -> ok, appears centered
3. Notebook (primary) and TFT -> ok, appears centered
4. TFT (primary) and Notebook -> not ok

=> notebook is right and TFT left
1. only Notebook -> ok, appears centered
2. only TFT -> ok, appears centered
3. Notebook (primary) and TFT -> not ok
4. TFT (primary) and Notebook -> ok, appears centered

It seems that the center position is calculated by the left displays resolution independent of the primary display. Because the notebook has the higher resolution the splash is shifted to right ( 1680/2 = 840 instead of 1280/2 = 640) in my original post.

Best Regards

Martin

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team February 24, 2010 12:23 PM UTC

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce it on our side. The splash panel appears at the centre for both ShowSplash and ShowSplash(modal).

Thanks,
Rajasekar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon