We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager Children Add, tab order

I have a DockingManager for a Tabbed Document Interface.

ContainerMode="TDI"
UseDocumentContainer="True"
DockTabAlignment="Top"
>

I'm using Children.Add(...) to programmatically add new tabs to the DockingManager. The new tabs appear to the left of the existing tabs, but I want them to be added to the end (right) of the existing tabs.

How can I get that?

3 Replies

HK Hemanth Kumar K Syncfusion Team February 15, 2010 06:39 AM UTC

Hi,

Currently there is no direct way in DockingManager to do this, But you can able to accomplish this by retrieving DocumentContainer object from DockingManager using VisualUtils.FindDescendant() and set its AddTabDocumentAtLast = true before adding the children’s to Children collection of DockingManager , Please find the sample the attached sample for more idea.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Thanks,
HemanthKumar K

AddItem_ecf8553a.zip

BB Branden Boucher December 4, 2015 10:29 PM UTC

Has this issue been addressed since then?
We haven't been able to get the example to work.

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Branden,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

The reported issue "AddTabDocumentAtLast is not working properly" is already fixed in our Essential Studio 13.3.0.12 version. You can either upgrade to this version or use SetDocumentTabOrderIndex attached property to resolve this issue. SetDocumentTabOrderIndex property is used to set the index of a tab in DocumentContainer. We have prepared a sample for the same and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: DocumentTabAtLast

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon