We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CSS: white-space

Hi,

in the header cells (TDs) of a syncfusion grid the CSS tag "white-space" is added to the TD tag. I can not overwrite this via a CSS class. Where can I set that this attribute is not written to the td style tag?

Thanks!

5 Replies

MM Matthias Max February 9, 2010 02:59 PM UTC

I posted the code that is created as header cell of a grid. Why is there another div AND a whole table in every header cell ? That's a lot of unnecessary code.

CODE:

AUTHOR

Apart from that I want to remove the white-space: nowrap;

How can I do that?

Thank you

MM Matthias Max February 9, 2010 03:02 PM UTC

Find attached a illustrating image of the above mentioned problem.

Thank you

Unbenannt_26446576.zip

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team February 10, 2010 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1.overwrite "white-space" via a CSS class

We suggest you to use the WrapText property for HeaderCell to remove it from style. The code snippet to explain this is as follows.

[CS]

// The default value of WrapText is true.(You might override this by AnyCell property)

this.GridGroupingControl1.Appearance.AnyHeaderCell.WrapText = true;

To override inline styles, we suggest you to use "!important" attribute with CSS style definition.

2. Why is there another div AND a whole table in every header cell?

We have used this structure of HTML tag for more usability. For example easy insertion of images, ItemTemplates, Sorting direction image, GroupButton image in HeaderCell.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath

MM Matthias Max February 17, 2010 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Barath,

I have tried your code-behind solution and it works.

The only problem is that align="right" seems not to work correctly. Not sure if its a browser problem though. See attached file. When I change align to "left" manually in FireBug the "Service ID" aligns left.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Matthias

alignment_a40949.zip

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team February 22, 2010 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The reported issue "Alignment not working" is a known issue. We have already fixed It and included in our latest release of Essential Studio 2010 Vol1. To resolve the alignment issue, We suggest you to download and use our latest version from the link below

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath .M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon