We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Throws GridGroupingControl.TableControl.Selections.Ranges NullReferenceException?

Hello,

is it possible that the GridGroupingControl.TableControl.Selections.Ranges.Clear throws a NullReferenceException?
If yes when could it happen?

Thanks,
Best Regards

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 8, 2010 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Plotnikova,

Could you please provide some more details about the problem you are facing?

Regards,
Jisha

PL Plotnikova February 8, 2010 02:38 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

I've found a problem.
We use many grids. And if the one "special" grid was loaded, all other grids where the source has 0 items couln't be desplayed at all.

The problem was the in the contructor of this "special grid" was the following code:
GridEngineFactory.Factory = new GroupingEngineFactory();

I'have just deleted this line of code and the problem was resolved.
Could you tell me please what is the purpose of Factory. And what is the right way to use it?

Thanks.
Best Regards.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 10, 2010 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Plotnikova,

Thanks for your update.

The code,
GridEngineFactory.Factory = new GroupingEngineFactory();

is preferred to be added in Form' constructor method before intializing the grid, when there is a custom engine need to be binded to grid.

GridGroupingControl had its default engine. If you want some sections or elements to displayed in the required order or set rowheight for any elements at runtime, you can go for the CustomEngine.

The GridEngineFactory.Factory method lets you assign an object of the custom engine at the application level. Hence, the custom engine settings get applied for all the grids in one application.

You can refer to our browser samples "Grid Grouping samples -> Grouping -> Custom Section In Group Demo" and "Grid Grouping samples -> Grouping Grid Layout -> Resizable Rows Demo" shipped with Syncfusion Dashboard where custom engine has been used for achieving certain requirements.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon