We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Read only grouping grid?

We're evaluating the Grouping Grid control, and have a question. I have the TableDescriptor.AllowEdit property set to false. However, when I click in a cell, it doesn't look readonly, there's a cursor but you can't change the values. Is there a way to make it look readonly too? And about the same question about a date-field. Even with AllowEdit set to false, I still see the dropdown button for the calendar, I can open the calendar, but I can't change the value. Is there a way to not show the dropdown button at all for date fields? Thanks!

3 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team February 4, 2010 09:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Also please try using Enable and ShowButtons property in GridTableCellStyleInfo to achieve your requirement as shown below.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowNew = false;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ShowButtons = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridShowButtons.Hide;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.Enabled = false;

Refer the sample from below link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=GGCControl-1258715323.zip

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

IN Informaticamv February 4, 2010 11:11 AM UTC

Thank you, that seems to do the trick! There are so many properties, it's difficult to find the ones you are looking for :-)

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team February 5, 2010 11:42 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Sorry for the delay. The Enable property is enough to achieve the ReadOnly GridGroupingControl UI. The AllowEdit property is used to avoid the underlying datasource change. The ShowButtons property is used to hide the button, also the Enable property is not allow to click the Button in GridGroupingControl cell.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon