We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Test if grid Cell is editable

Hi

I am using QTP 10.0 with .NET addin
My application uses SyncFusion grids
and QTP recognizes them as SWFobjects
Now QTP gives Methods and Properties For the Grid that are criticail for my test cases

I need to check that after some inputs what cells become editable
and what cells are locked
SO I Tried using

SwfWindow("Untitled").SwfObject("epsGrid1").Object.CurrentCell.IsEditing

But always get False value even if its editable

Also If try to set some value into cell
SwfWindow("Untitled").SwfObject("epsGrid1").Object.Item(2,1).cellvalue=newvalue
It gives me error "Invalid Property assignment or wrong number of arguments "

Any inputs on how to resolve the issue would be greatly apprecited

Thanks

3 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team January 29, 2010 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The Syncfusion controls gets recognized on QTP only with the extensible support of third party device. We have a add-on tool called Essentialqtpaddonsetup, which will be available in the download page of our site. The control version and the qtp add-on version should always be same, and the chm file is available to guide you in using the qtp add-on, this will help you much to get our control recognized with some supportive methods and events.

Let me know if you have any queries regarding this issue.

Regards,
Nirmal

RE Renu February 7, 2011 10:33 AM UTC

I am also facing the same problem. I am using QTP 10. I have installed syncfusionessencialstudiosetup 6.3.1.8 and Essentialqtpaddonsetup 6.3.1.8. Still QTP does not recognize the object. I have made the changes in swfconfig.xml file as mentioned in the help file.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team February 14, 2011 03:52 AM UTC

Hi Renu,

Please check your application, which also has to be built on same version. Else test it by recording our sample which is included as an exe file in the bin folder of the sample location, which is available at the installed location of the test studio.

Please let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon