We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC Frozen column, grouping and hidden columns

Hi,

I have a couple of issues with the GGC.

I have set some columns to Frozen, when its Frozen, am not able to drag the column header to the Group drop area on the top of the grid to group by columns.

2.I have some hidden columns, i hid those using
grid.tabledescriptor.visiblecolumns.remove(columnname)
when i try to read the value of the column using the

grid.tablemodel[row, column name].cellvalue

am not able to read the value when the column is hidden.

Any ideas what am missing here

3 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team January 28, 2010 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Kannan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. By default, GridGroupingControl does not allow to drag a FrozenColumns, but if you want to drag the Column in GridGroupingControl, then please try using handled property in QueryAllowDragColumn event to achieve your requirement as shown below.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.QueryAllowDragColumn += new GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventHandler(TableControl_QueryAllowDragColumn);
void TableControl_QueryAllowDragColumn(object sender, GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventArgs e)
{
e.Handled = true;
}

2. If you want to access the hidden column value, then please try using HideCols property in TableModel instead of visible column collection to achieve your requirement as shown below.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.HideCols["Value2"] = true;
private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
MessageBox.Show(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel[5,1].CellValue.ToString());
}

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

KV Kannan Venkataramani February 1, 2010 01:05 PM UTC

Thanks again Lingaraj, works fantastic.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team February 2, 2010 03:23 AM UTC

Hi Kannan,

Thank you for the update.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile