We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

track the movement of a floating window

Hi I obtain an exception sometime when I move a floating window (see the exception message at the end of my post).

In order to debug my application I would like to override the WndProc method to check what happen when m.Msg == WM_MOVING (where WM_MOVING = 0x0216). I tried to override the WndProc method of the usercontrol that is contained in your floating form but there is no WM_MOVING message on the usercontrol. I suppose that it is your floating form that handle the WM_MOVING message, right? How could I intercept the WM_MOVING message?

I saw that the docking manager has event for OnStart and OnStopDragging but there is no OnDragging event.

Thanks you
Jonathan

Exception Message:

"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Le paramètre doit être positif et inférieur à la largeur.
Nom du paramètre : x
à System.Drawing.Bitmap.GetPixel(Int32 x, Int32 y)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.VS2008DragTargetControl.ProcessMouseMove(Point point)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.VS2008InnerDragControl.ProcessMouseMove(Point point)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.VS2008DragControl.ProcessMouseMove(Point point)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WhidbeyDragProvider.ProcessMouseMove(DockControllerBase controller, IDraggable ctrl, Point ptscreen)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.HandleMouseMoveImp(MouseButtons button, Point pt)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingFormController.HandleMouseMoveImp(MouseButtons button, Point ptclient)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingForm.OnLocationChanged(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
à Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

2 Replies

JR Jonathan Richard January 19, 2010 09:48 PM UTC

It seems that its WM_MOVE = 0x003 instead of WM_MOVING that I need to monitor.

Jonathan

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 21, 2010 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in Essential Tools.

I am unable to reproduce the issue with the floating form movement. WM_Moving message has been handled in our Floating form. Can you please create a Direct trac incident and provide me with a simple sample to reproduce it from my side? This will help me providing you with possible suggestion on the same.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon