We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Step Line Plot Points

Hi guys,

I have a series with one plot point.

The chart type is set to Step Line.

I see no data as there are no two points to join up.

Can we display the plot points as well as the lines that join them?

Matt

7 Replies

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team January 18, 2010 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The StepLine chart is needed minimum two points to display the output. This is default behavior of our Chartcontrol.
So, It is not possible to display the output for only one point. If you use more than one plot point, You can get the

output.

Please let me know if I misunderstood anything in your query. If yes, Could you give us some more details about your

requirement also mention your current version of Essential Studio, VS framework version, Language, Platform [Windows or

Asp.Net] and so on.

Regards,
Venkat.

MS Matt Speller January 19, 2010 02:11 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply, I understand how steplines work, but I was wondering if I could display all the plot points as well as the lines between them. I would expect or at least like to see a single dot on the graph with one plot point.

Is this possible?

Matt

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team January 21, 2010 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your patience.

Please let us know what you mean 'all the plot point as well as the lines' in your update? Because, you were already mentioned that you are using only one point in the Chart. So, let us know whether you are using only one point or more than one points in the Step line chart. If you are using only one point in the StepLine chart, then what is the specific reason for using the Stepline chart for that single point, because you can set the Scatter chart type for this single point to display it as a dot.

Regards,
Venkat.

MS Matt Speller January 27, 2010 01:47 PM UTC

Hi,

The use case is:

A user clicks on a row of data, this row of data has a set of corresponding points to plot. There maybe none, one or many points to plot on a chart. The default chart style is set to Step Line. The user can change the style of the chart using a context menu. If the user clicks on a data row with ONE plot point to plot, then the default chart style of StepLine show no data at all. Ideally I want to see the individual plot points (like you see on a scatter) overlayed with the stepline. The user should not have to change the chart type to see the single point, or similarly I should not have to code it to change the chart type if there is a single point to plot.

Simply, I want to see the plot points as well as the joining lines when displaying a stepline chart.

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team January 28, 2010 09:51 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information.

Currently we do not provide support to 'Plot the StepLine Chart for single point' . This has been confirmed as a Feature Request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get
back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Venkat.

JA James February 2, 2012 10:44 PM UTC

I think I have a similar requirement as the one above. It's not that I have only one point in a series, it's actually that I have many points in a series including NaN empty points. I'm not using a step line chart but a line chart. Sometimes Y values in the array go like this:

2, 3, 3, 4, 5, Nan, 9, Nan, 6, 5, 5

Here I would like to see a dot at the point 9 but it is suppressed. Is there any way to handle single points like this in a line Series?

James

JA James February 3, 2012 07:13 PM UTC

I just realized this is the ASP.net forum, I will move this to a new forum in WPF.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon