We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupingGridExcelConverterControl Performance Issues

We are encountering performance problems with larger datasets. We are working with record numbers in the 5-11k range with around 5-6 rows grouped per record.

If I try to export a dataset that is larger than the row size maximum to the Excel 97-2003 format it throws an index out of range error as expected. This takes only a couple minutes. However, when I delete enough records to bring the file below this limit it then takes 20-30 mins to finally generate the file. When we export the original data to Excel 2007 format (The row count is lower than the 2007 maximum), it also takes the same increased time.

Interestingly, when I delete enough records to bring the dataset down to about half, the file is complete after just 3-5 mins. It appears that this performance change has a nonlinear relationship to the number of records.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced similar problems when working with large sets of data and this control. Also, I am wondering if there are any settings changes we can make to the GridGroupingControl to make this conversion process faster.

Sorry if my post is too general about my problem. Let me know if there is anything that needs clarification.

1 Reply

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team January 19, 2010 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

The reported issue is already known performance issue. We currently working on the issue. The fix for this issue will be available on next major release - Essential studio 2010 volume 2.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Jaffer.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon