We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

4 QueryCellInfo on refresh

Hi,

When I attach a handler for QueryCellInfo event, and set float cells mode like this:

grid.Model.Options.FloatCellsMode = GridFloatCellsMode.BeforeDisplayCalculation

the handler is called four times for each cell on a refresh. We have already figured out that surrounding it with Begin- and EndUpdate takes it down to two. How do we take it down to 1 call per cell though?

See the attachment for repro. It needs to be run with ironpython interpreter, and need to edit the PATH_TO_SYNCFUSION_DLLS constant inside the script to point to the right directory.

Regards,
Kamil Dworakowski

repro_286c5bc5.zip

3 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team January 12, 2010 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer the below forum thread, similar kind of behavior has been discussed.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/89652/Re--issue-in-GridQueryCellInfoEventHandler

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

KD Kamil Dworakowski January 15, 2010 11:41 AM UTC

If I understand you correctly, you advise me to add a cacheing level on my own. Thanks anyway.

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team January 20, 2010 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for the update.

Sorry for the delay. In that kind of case base.QueryCellInfo event calling is prevented when cell not contains in GridControl visible range.

To be more clear the QueryCellInfo event is only triggered by the grid for a particular cell, whenever the cell information is needed by GridControl.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon