We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formula cell within virtual grid stuck in infinite loop

Hi,

I have a virtual grid setup and one of the cell is set as formula style (just sum of another column). I have noticed that once formula cell is set, GridQueryCellInfo is constantly called. Any idea what's the cause of this?

I have submitted a sample project that demostrated this problem.

TIA!

Andy

virtualgridformulacell_3f67ae4d.zip

3 Replies

RK Ranjeet Kumar Syncfusion Team January 6, 2010 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Syncfusion Virtual Grid works differently as compared to normal GridControl.
Your concern about its working when any cell type is set to "FormulaCell" is not an issue rather it is the inherent behavior of the VirtualGrid.
QueryCellInfo event is raised for each and every cell in the grid.

To work with virtual grid we mainly focus on these handlers :

QueryCellInfo : This helps to get data into the virtual grid from the data source as well as also helps conditionally formating the record. This handler helps to set individual cell properties.
QueryColCount : This returns columns count on demand.
QueryRowCount : This returns rows count on demand.

In addition to above information , you may go through the following links to have better understanding of the VirtualGrid Working :
Essential Studio Samples :

1. Grid Samples -> Virtual Grid -> Virtual Grid Tutorial
2. Grid Samples -> Virtual Grid -> Virtual Grid Demo
3. Grid Samples -> Virtual Grid -> Grid Population Demo

Regards,
Ranjeet.

AM Andy Mei January 6, 2010 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Ranjeet,

Thanks for your reply. I have virtual grid running in my application. However, when I try to configure a cell as 'FormulaCell', QueryCellInfo is constantly fire and my application is trapped in an infinite loop. If I remove 'FormulaCell', QueryCellInfo is only fired once for every cell on the my grid.

If you run my the sample project i have attached, run it with both 'FormulaCell' enable and disable should demonstrate the problem.

Andy

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team January 8, 2010 09:20 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

You have posted similar kind of issue in incident 63406. Please follow up with the incident(#63406). So I go ahead and mark this incident as closed.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon