We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Client Side object model for charts

In your documentation there is a partial example of forcing a callback to the chart control via javascript by calling the callback() method. I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work because I am unsure how to get a reference to the ASP.Net chart control from javascript. Your documentation is not complete and seems to omit this, instead just calling chart1.callback() with no explaination on how this chart1 object was obtain in javascript.

So, assuming I have a chart control defined in my ASP.net markup with the ID of "ChartWebControl1", how do I obtain a reference to this chart in the client side object model and use the callback() method.

4 Replies

MM Mike Mann December 29, 2009 03:05 PM UTC

Link to the referenced documentation page in the above post:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_74/Chartweb/CallBackFeature.html

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 30, 2009 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The mentioned properties in the user guide were deprecated already in our chart control. We already created a task for chart user guide clean up and it will be cleaned up in our forthcoming new releases. Since mentioned properties are deprecated, could you please provide us the clear details about your requirement and your current syncfusion version. It will be more helpful for us to provide you the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Venkat.

MM Mike Mann December 30, 2009 01:49 PM UTC

I am currently using v7.4.0.2.

I am creating a live updating chart; the chart must be able to be paused, scrolled, zoomed, etc.
The point of this post is that I would like to access the chart control from the client side javascript and fire the callback method from javascript so that the chart can be manually updated without relying on the built in Refresh timer.

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team January 4, 2010 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

We regret for this delayed response.

Currently we are checking with this and will get back to you in two business days with more details regarding this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon