We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ChartRegionArea Mouse Move problem

I'm facing a problem in Chart Control. I had written a code to draw the line chart by gettings the values for different objects and it draws the line and legand perfectly.

But Chart control charshes sometimes on mouse move action. When I regularly move the mouse over the chart region, after some time my application crashes.

The application directly get disposed with this chart control crash.

The following is the crash message.
---------------------------------------------------------------

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartRegionCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

---------------------------------------------------------------

From the exception it seems that on Mouse Move event of chart area region trying to find some data in collection and but out of index error comes.

I am not using the Mouse Move or Mouse Leave or Mouse Down type event handlers in code.

So if you have any suggestions to get rid of this problem then please help.

Thanks
Puneet

1 Reply

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 28, 2009 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Puneet,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please check the following things and send us the requested details.

1. Do you use any user defined region events in your sample?

2. Do you use any index values in your sample code for line chart and legend customization. If yes, send us the code snippet for the customization.

3. Since there is no region related events in Chart Web, let us know in which platform you are getting this error whether in Windows or Web and Your current Syncfusion version.

4. Send us a simple sample to reproduce this issue with replication steps. It will be more helpful for us to provide you the solution at the earliest.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon