We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Unable to find assembly ''Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

92143 Dec 22,2009 04:54 PM UTC Jan 28,2010 12:20 PM UTC General Discussion 10
Tags: General Discussion
Adam Bruss
Asked On December 22, 2009 04:54 PM UTC

Hi,

We are building a VS 2008 C++ managed/native solution that uses syncfusion dlls. The system it builds on does not have syncfusion suite installed. We have an enterkey.bat that I ran successfully("registering key... done").

The build is failing when writing a resource file for one of our forms. I've attached the build log showing the two errors towards the bottom.

Thanks

BuildLog_ae1d139c.zip

Velusamy Subramaniam [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 23, 2009 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Adam

As per your stack trace the error is : Unable to find assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows

Please ensure it in your machine whether the Syncfusion.tools.windows is avaliable.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Regards
Velusamys

Adam Bruss
Replied On December 28, 2009 02:37 PM UTC

The dll is there. I'm pointing to its location from Visual Studio when adding a reference.

Adam Bruss
Replied On December 28, 2009 05:28 PM UTC

The whole error messages are as follows:

c:\ProjectsSVN\src\orionui\view\mainframe.resx : error RG0000: Type could not be read from the data in line 27755, position 5. The type's internal structure may have changed. Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes. The conversion exception was: Unable to find assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'.
c:\ProjectsSVN\src\orionui\view\mainframe.resx : error RG0000: Specific exception: "XmlException" Message: "Type could not be read from the data in line 27755, position 5. The type's internal structure may have changed. Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes. The conversion exception was: Unable to find assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'. ---> XmlException: Type could not be read from the data in line 27755, position 5. The type's internal structure may have changed. Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes. The conversion exception was: Unable to find assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'. Line 27755, position 5. ---> SerializationException: Unable to find assembly 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=7.403.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKey..."

Adam Bruss
Replied On January 5, 2010 01:55 PM UTC

Any ideas on this? I'm running Windows 7 and ran our enterkey.bat successfully. The dlls are there.

Replied On January 11, 2010 03:45 AM UTC

Hi Adam

We are very sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I was not able to reproduce the issue here.Please can you provide the additional information to fix these issues.

What are all the Syncfusion controls(Syncfusion.Tools.Windows) you are using in the C++ application.

Please could you provide the simple sample to fix these issue.

Regards
Velusamys

Adam Bruss
Replied On January 18, 2010 04:26 PM UTC

I've attached a simple syncfusion c++ solution that demonstrates the errors messages I have been receiving. The syncfusion dlls are included in the zip file. The dlls might need to be re-added to the project when you run it.

We are are currently using these tools.

Syncfusion.Chart.Base
Syncfusion.Chart.Windows
Syncfusion.Core
Syncfusion.Grid.Base
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows
Syncfusion.Shared.Base
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows
Syncfusion.Tools.Base
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows

SimpleSyncFusionUser_30329664.zip

Adam Bruss
Replied On January 21, 2010 10:20 PM UTC

To demonstrate the error, build the solution on a computer without syncfusion essential studio installed and with the enterkey.bat successfully run.

Replied On January 22, 2010 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Adam,

We are very sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks for providing me the sample to fix the issue.Now we can able to reproduce the issues here.

While developing the project the Syncfusion assemblies are placed in the GAC in the developer machine.So the binary values which are created in the Form1.resx file are based on assemblies from the GAC.If you are build the project in the build machine it refers the necessary assemblies from the GAC.So it displays the error unable to load the assembly.

Ex:Form1.resx file

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABUAAAAVCAYAAACpF6WWAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BAACxjwv8 YQUAAAAgY0hSTQAAeiYAAICEAAD6AAAAgOgAAHUwAADqYAAAOpgAABdwnLpRPAAAAdFJREFUOE/tlDtL

In order to avoid the issue please place the necessary assemblies into the GAC in the build machine.Now you can build the project successfully.

If you don't want to installed the assemblies into the GAC.Please remove the Form1.resx file from the project.It also works fine.

Regards
Velusamy S

Adam Bruss
Replied On January 27, 2010 07:46 PM UTC

I added the syncfusion dlls to the GAC and the build succeeded.

Thanks.

Replied On January 28, 2010 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the update.Please do not hesitate to create a new incident if you have any issues with our Syncfusion products.

Regards
Velusamy S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;