We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Checkbox problem - part II

Hi,
there were no replies to my previous question, so i try to reformulate it (after other tests):

I need to display a checkbox for a column in a bounded gridgrouping control.
The configuration of the cell as a checkbox works (in the aspx page->celltype="Checkbox"),but only when i enter in edit mode.

I would like to give the column a checkbox "aspect" in both edit and "read only" mode, because i don't need to update this rows and also because in readonly mode i see a 0 or 1 (the values in the database) while in edit mode i see a checkbox. There is visual inconsistency between readonly and edit mode.
I tried with item template, (inserted a checkbox control in the colum) but controls in the item template are rendered without data bound, so in this case i have to bound the colum manually.

my question is:
Is there a way to display a checkbox in readonly mode without item template?

I hope in answers.

Best regards
Maurizio Selvaggini

p.s. I'm sorry for my bad english language..

1 Reply

SK Santhosh Kumar A Syncfusion Team December 24, 2009 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We regret for inconvenience caused.
We suggest you to bind the Boolean datatype for CheckBox column. If you need to bind a Integer datatype, we suggest you to update CheckBox value in QueryCellStyleInfo event handler.

For your information, CheckBox cell type will show CheckBox only when it enters into Edit mode. To get it in ReadOnly mode, we suggest you to use ItemTemplate for that particular column and Update the ItemTemplate's values from QueryCellStyleInfo event handler.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Santhosh Kumar .A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon