We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UpdateDisplayFrequency Not Working

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "UpdateDipsplayFrequency" property of the GGC, but it doesn't seem to be working. From my understanding, it's to wait the specified time before repainting the grid.

Is there something else I need to be doing in order to get this to work properly? I've tried setting to something like 5000 but it still updates when a row in the underlying datasource is changed.

I also have the "UseOldListChangedHandler" set to false (I think I read if it's set to true that it doesn't work).

Something comparable to what I'm trying to do is:

Initialize()
{
DataTable dt = new DataTable("Data");
gridGroupingControl.DataSource = dt;
}

Update(FooClass foo)
{
DataRow[] dataRows = dt.Select("{Some Query}"};

foreach(DataRow dataRow in dataRows)
{
dataRow["Item1"] = foo.Item1;
dataRow["Item2"] = foo.Item2;
}
}

3 Replies

JL Jason Lui December 18, 2009 07:49 PM UTC

The reason why I need this is because updating the DataRow in the DataTable is very costly from the profiler I'm using. (I don't know the true volume, but it's something like 3 columns per work/100 rows updated per second so the overhead really adds up).

I believe it's the result of painting the new values as soon as I change a DataRow value.

If there's any other tips you can offer on how to optimize updating a GCC bound to a DataTable, I'd very much appreciate it as well.

JL Jason Lui December 18, 2009 08:15 PM UTC

I apologize for multiple posts, but one more thing to note is that the user who will be using the application will most likely sort on a column which is constant changing.

When I sort sort on rows which have mostly static data, the CPU usage is relatively low. However, when I sort by the column which has constantly changing data, the CPU usage triples. I'm guessing that's to do with the constant resorting.

Is there also a way to have it only re-sort after x amount of time?

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team December 23, 2009 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1) Regarding the UpdateDisplayFrequency property, i have checked its working in the attached sample. It works fine as expected. The functionality of this property setting is to delay the update handled in grid.

2) The UseOldListChangedHandler optimization property setting will be suggested only if there are any incompatibility issue related to performance. It must be set to false which is by default.

3) You can make use of the optimization settings suggested in the attached sample which makes the grid to perform much better in case of large dataset. Also, you can refer to our browser samples under "Performance" section shipped with Syncfusion Dashboard where the use of optimization settings based on the data binded were illustrated.

4) It is possible to delay the sorting to be applied in grid by setting the current thread to sleep mode in SortedColumns.Changing event. It is implemented in the sample.

Sample:
http://help.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.4.0.20/F92100.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon