We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Restoring floating legend position

Hello,

I need to restore a chart exactly as it was saved. In case the legend has been configured in ChartDock.Floating mode,I have to save and restore its position in the chart. I have no idea how to do that. Can you help me with that ?

Many thanks

Olivier Vayssié

7 Replies

MP Murugavel P Syncfusion Team December 18, 2009 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Olivier Vayssie,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Currently we do not have a support for save and restore chart control. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Murugavel P

OV Olivier VAYSSIE December 21, 2009 09:44 AM UTC

Hello,

A global save method would not help me. I need a way to get and set the position of the legend in floating mode. I suppose it is not supported today either, but that is what I really need, as I do the saving, loading myself.

Cordially,

Olivier Vayssié

MP Murugavel P Syncfusion Team December 23, 2009 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Olivier Vayssie,

Currently, we do not have this support to get and set the position of chart legend. As a work around you can achieve this by using the following lines of code.

C#:

//To gets the chart legend position

Point position = (Point)VisualTreeHelper.GetOffset(chart.Areas[0].Legend);

//To set the chart legend position

Point point = new Point(200, 200);
Chart.SetDock(chart.Areas[0].Legend, ChartDock.Floating);
chart.Areas[0].Legend.Arrange(new Rect(point.X, point.Y, chart.Areas[0].Legend.DesiredSize.Width, chart.Areas[0].Legend.DesiredSize.Height));

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Thanks & Regards,
Murugavel P

OV Olivier VAYSSIE December 23, 2009 09:05 AM UTC

Hello,

It is working great. That's exactly what I needed. You should think to add that to the legend properties. It is quite useful.
Anyway, many thanks for that.

Olivier Vayssié

MP Murugavel P Syncfusion Team December 23, 2009 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Olivier Vayssie,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Please do not hesitate to open a new forum support if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks & Regards,
Murugavel P

AB Amanda Bissette May 7, 2010 01:28 PM UTC

Saving and Restoring a end-user designed chart would be a great improvement and MUCH needed functionality for the Chart tool. Is this something that will be available in the next release?

Thanks,
//Amanda

SS Sujitha S Syncfusion Team May 10, 2010 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion product.

We have implemented Styles properties for Chart, ChartArea, ChartAxis, Legends and ChartSeries. You can save the styles using these properties. This feature will be included in our next Vol3 release, Which is scheduled on July 2nd week.

Let me know, If you have any queries.

Regards
Sujitha S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon