We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Prevent to move the points of a PolylineConnector

Hi, long time no see.

In a Diagram, I use a PolylineConnector object composed with horizontal and vertical segments.

I want to prevent the user from moving the points defining a PolylineConnector, but allow him to move the segments. Is it possible to do this ? By setting a specific property, or catching an event during the change.

Thanks.

3 Replies

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team December 16, 2009 02:09 PM UTC

Hi Stephane,

Please try the following code and let me know if it helps you.

PolyLineConnector plc;
plc.HeadEndPoint.AllowMoveX = false;
plc.HeadEndPoint.AllowMoveY = false;
plc.TailEndPoint.AllowMoveX = false;
plc.TailEndPoint.AllowMoveY = false;

Regards,
Dinesh

SG Stephane Guerillot December 21, 2009 05:37 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't fit precisely what I want to do.

What I try to have is a bit particular.
We have, in a Diagram, blocs which are linked by PolylineConnectors. The connector is only composed of horizontal and vertical segments. We want to allow the user to edit the link between two blocs, but also keep the segments horizontal or vertical. So, he can't move a point of the connector, but only the segments.

In the attached example, the connector is composed of three segments. Only the second one could be moved, and the software will compute to translate the red points to the green position.

I know the OrthogonalConnector should be better. We used it before, but it has a strange behaviour. So we use the PolylineConnector instead.

links_77ca4329.zip

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team December 23, 2009 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Stephane,

Currently it is not possible to achieve such a requirement with PolyLineConnector. Please let me know whether you tried using OrthogonalConnector along with LineRouting. For further details on line routing please refer the following online document.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_74/diagramwin/LineBridgingAndRouting.html

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon