We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

excel 2002 does not re-evaluate value written in range

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91941 Dec 9,2009 05:12 PM UTC Dec 16,2009 04:44 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: XlsIO
Netical
Asked On December 9, 2009 05:12 PM UTC

Hi,

i set the value of a named cell, using this piece of code:

IRange r = namedCell.RefersToRange;
r.Value = "test";

other cells in the excel sheet refers to the named cell using formulas like "=namedcell", if i open that excel 2003 file with version 2003 these cells display value "test", if i open it with excel 2002 cells are not updated.

Do you know why? Where am I wrong?

Balamurugan R [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 11, 2009 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Netical,
Thankyou for interest in Syncfusion products
I am unable to reproduce the issue.Please use this code for setting the value for the named range.

C#:

IName lname1 = workbook.Names.Add("NamedCell");

lname1.RefersToRange = sheet.Range["A1:G9"];

sheet.Range["NamedCell"].Value = "test";

Please,let us know if u have any queries.

Regards,
Balamurugan.

Netical
Replied On December 15, 2009 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Balamurugan, thank you for your help but, your solution fails because namedcell.value contains the 'address' of the named cell like 'sheet1!&B&1'.

If I try to write in it, for example "test", I get an error that says "test is not a valid range".

Ah, I forget to tell you that I'm not creating new named cell by my application code but I am referincing the ones that has already been created by hand using excel application.

Balamurugan R [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 16, 2009 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Netical,

I have analysied your problem and find out the solution for your request.I have opened a Excel sheet and set a range of cells with the name "NamedCell",after that i have used the name "NamedCell" to set the range using XlsIO.I have given the
code snippt below.

IRange r=sheet.Range["NamedCell"];
r.Value="test";

Please,let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Balamurugan.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;