We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Questions about XlsIO

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91922 Dec 9,2009 07:20 AM Dec 14,2009 10:55 PM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 5
Tags: XlsIO
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 9, 2009 07:20 AM

I have two questions regarding to XlsIO,

1. when set a value to the sheet
sheet.SetValue(1, i++, "30");

My intention is that I want the cell value to be string 30, however, after opening the Excel, the Excel shows a warning that I might have data type problem (see attm). How can I programmically set the used range in the worksheet to have only text value, so that Excel never show this warning icon?

2. If I want to create only a single sheet in a workbook and do not want the user to add more sheets, can I programmatically hide the Insert Sheet tab at the bottom (see attm)?

Thank you.

Screen Capture_48a5fc56.zip

Balamurugan R [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 9, 2009 08:15 AM

Hi Boyan,

Thankyou for your interest in Syncfusion product.
It is possible to ignore the warnings due to data type and also you can protect your workbook.This is the snippt for your request.

C#:
1.To ignore the warnings:

sheet.Range["A1:D2"].IgnoreErrorOptions = ExcelIgnoreError.NumberAsText;

2.To Protect your workBook:

workbook.Protect(isProtectWindow, isProtectContent, "syncfusion");

Please,Let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Balamurugan

Replied On December 9, 2009 09:40 PM

Hi Balamurugan,

Your solution worked, thank you for help!

I have one more question. When I use XlsIO to open a cvs file, I found the component cannot parse a field across multiple lines, for example

"a value on
multiple lines"

May I know will you resolve this problem?

Yours Sincerely,
Boyan

Replied On December 10, 2009 11:12 PM

Hi Boyan,
I am afraid that i am not able to reproduce the issue.could you please send me a simplified sample for more analysis.

Please,let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Balamurugan

Replied On December 11, 2009 02:39 AM

Hi,

In the attachment file, there is a sample csv which contains a field that is wrapped inside double quotes but has a line break. According the strict csv spedification, that should be a single field. However, using XlsIO to read that csv file and save as a xlsx file, opening the xlsx file in Excel shows that the field is broken into two fields.

Opening the csv directly in Excel treats that as a single field.

Multiline CSV_59990960.zip

Replied On December 14, 2009 10:55 PM

Hi Boyan,

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer support system.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidentsbecause you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. Thank you for your participation in Syncfusion’s Community Forums”.

Regards,
Balamurugan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;