We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC grid cell style

Is there a way to prevent clicking into cells to allow editing. By setting the ReadOnly property you can successfully prevent the user from editing the actual values, but you can still have a cursor displayed in the cell and highlight the text. In addition, the cell's background is not the current selection color for the rest of the row.

It appears I can get the desired functionality in the QueryCellStyleInfo event handler by setting the style to "Static". Can i achieve this functionality without setting this in the QueryCellStyleInfo event handler? I have tried setting grid.Appearance.RecordFieldCell.CellType = "Static", but it looks like this is getting reset when the grid loads.

FYI, I have AllowSection = None and am using ListBoxSelectionMode.

3 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team December 9, 2009 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

To set the "Static" for all the cells in GridGroupingControl, you can make use of the following setting.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "Static";

To highlight the currentcell with same backcolor as that of other cells in that record, you can make use of the following setting.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions.None;

Regards,
Rajadurai

MM Mike Mann December 9, 2009 03:45 PM UTC

This solved my issue.

Thanks

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team December 10, 2009 03:13 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your update.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon