We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BarManager.RegisterMdiChildTypes

I have a main form that has child mdi forms with menubars and I am able to use RegisterMdiChildTypes for the mdi child form ok. I have added a DockingManager to the mdi child form and in it I dock another form with its own menubars. How can I get the menubars from the forms docked in the dockingmanager to merge to the top most form?

Truman

4 Replies

GS Githanjali S Syncfusion Team December 7, 2009 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Truman,

The merging of menubars from the docked forms of the docking manager can be done in the similar way as for mdichild forms ,by including the docked forms in the RegidterMdiChildTypes

this.mainFrameBarManager1.RegisterMdiChildTypes(new Type[] { typeof(ChildForm),typeof(DockedForm)});

Regards,
Githanjali

TL Truman Lackey December 7, 2009 05:32 PM UTC

The problem that I am having is that the docking manager is in the mdi child. So when I dock a form in the docking manager that is in the mdi child the menubars do not show up.

TL Truman Lackey December 7, 2009 05:35 PM UTC

Example attached

HEF-Stripped_e96daad6.zip

GS Githanjali S Syncfusion Team December 8, 2009 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Truman,

Thanks for the clarification,
Currently it is not possible to show the menubars of a form docked to another form, you can add the menubars of the docked forms to the child form's bar manager itself.

Regards,
Githanjali

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon