We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Package Does not support Stay on Top Forms

Hi

I have a very simple requirement in our application that the user can make any window as "Stay on Top window". This can be easily achieved with .NET Forms by just changing the boolean property "TopMost" for the form.

However if I have docking panels on the form and the form is made TopMost then all sorts of problems appear:

Case I
======
Put a button on the main form that can change the TopMost property True. Run the application and click the button to make the main form TopMost and then initiate a drag. The dock panel always moves below the main form. While this is expected (Not desired though) the other problem is that if you keep on dragging for a while on and around the main form then the drag will break automatically you will lose the panel being dragged and it will end up behind the main form.

Please note that you have to drag; do not let go of the mouse button.

Case II
Run the application again. DO NOT click on the button on the mainform to make it topmost. Now first drag a panel and make it floating. In the DragFeedbackStop event find the form of the floating panel and change its TopMost Property to True. NOW CLICK on the button on the main form to make it Top Most. Notice here we made the floating panel TopMost First and then the main form TopMost

Now if you drag the panel on the form you will see it is above the main form. BUT while dragging if you move the panel inside the form (Do not drop) but then try to go out of the form again, the drag will break like I mentioned in case I above and the panel appear to be frozen for a second.

Both the cases can be very eaily reproduced. Please advise how this can be resolved as making a form TopMost is a very simple feature that any application may require.

Thx
Ashoo

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 7, 2009 06:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the details. We are able to see this issue. I have a filed a defect report on this to our Developers and will get back to you in one business day on the timeline required for fixing this issue.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon