We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get System.Data.DataRowView in the drop down list of the combo box

I am using a datasource to populate the combobox in the grid data bound grid. The list in the combo box displays correctly for the first time. After I add a new row, the drop down list in the combobox shows System.Data.DataRowView ??? Please help! Thanks, Bhandhavi.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 9, 2003 01:50 PM UTC

Are you adding the new row to the DataSource of the ComboBox or of the grid? What version of the grid are you using? On possible reason that you are seeing System.Data.DataRowView is that the ValueMember and DisplayMember properties for the GridBoundColumn no longer point to valid columns in the combobox''s data source. When the grid cannot find the ''right properties", it uses the object from the list as the cell value. In this case, the object is a DataRowView, and when the grid does a ToString on it to display it in the cell, it defaults to displaying its type. If you can post a sample project showing the problem or submit a direct trac incident with a sample showing the problem, we can look into it here.

BS Bhandhavi Sangaru December 9, 2003 02:08 PM UTC

>Are you adding the new row to the DataSource of the ComboBox or of the grid? What version of the grid are you using? > Thanks Clay, for the quick response. The Version is : 1.6.1.8 I think I am adding the new row to the Grid. But using OracleDataAdapter.Update(datasetname,"tablename") to save my changes.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon