We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram performance

In my app I have a need to be able to draw thousands of graphic objects such as you would see in a typical GIS software package. These objects can also be manipulated by the end-user. From a functionality perspective, I think Essential diagram can do the job. I am concerned about the performance though. Although I haven''t tried drawing thousands of objects yet, I just wanted to get some feedback from the Syncfusion team to find out if Essential Diagram is designed to handle such a large number of objects and whether you guys have done any testing with thousands of objects. An example would be a hydraulic network model for a county containig thousands of manholes and pipes to be displayed graphically as circles and lines connecting them.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2003 11:44 AM UTC

Yes, it is our goal to support that level of performance. We still have more performance tuning to do, but it should perform to the level you describe. If the current release does not perform to your expectations please let us know and we will work with you to correct any performance bottlenecks. >In my app I have a need to be able to draw thousands of graphic objects such as you would see in a typical GIS software package. These objects can also be manipulated by the end-user. From a functionality perspective, I think Essential diagram can do the job. I am concerned about the performance though. Although I haven''t tried drawing thousands of objects yet, I just wanted to get some feedback from the Syncfusion team to find out if Essential Diagram is designed to handle such a large number of objects and whether you guys have done any testing with thousands of objects. An example would be a hydraulic network model for a county containig thousands of manholes and pipes to be displayed graphically as circles and lines connecting them.

SA Sachin February 28, 2006 02:25 PM UTC

In my diagram i if i add more that 10 symbols it goes for a toss .. takes 15 mins to copy a symbol ,15 mins to save what do you say and any tips on optimizing

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2006 06:21 AM UTC

Hello Sachin, We have introduced several performance related optimizations with the latest public release (V4.1.0.50) of Essential Diagram. Since this version should take care of the performance related issue, I strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version which is available for download at the following link - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=40022. Please let me know if you run into any problem. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Meera.

JM Jean-Pierre MATUR October 5, 2006 06:55 AM UTC

Hello,

we are experiencing realy pour performance using essential diagram, our goals were to handle few thousands of shapes and symbols.
But for now with diagram owning few tens of simple symbols and links (to design electrical diagrams) and it is not ergonomically acceptable for end users to wait for ten seconds to move a single symbol.
We have upgraded from 3.3 to 4.1 version in our component and now looking for 4.3 performance benching Diagram builder sample and it appears that performance are still not sufficient for our goals...

Is there some performance increases planned or studied for next coming release.

Kind regards,

Pascal.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Pascal ,

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenienced caused. The current diagram code was fully refactored and the next major version V4.4 of Essential Diagram will surely have much better performance, usability and supportability. We are expecting the next version to be released in the mid of October,2006. We assure you that the next release of the Essential Diagram will surely fulfill your requirements. And kindly bear with us till the next version.

Thank you,
J.Nagaraj.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Pascal

We regret for the inconvenience caused. This is a known performance issue and this will be fixed in our upcoming realese of Essential Studio 4.4. I have tested this issue with 30 symbols and links in the following environment: Windows XP with SP2, .NET 2.0 Framework and Essential Studio 4.3.0.30. It takes approximately 2 seconds to move a symbol. Could you please let me know the OS version and System configuration that you are using currently? If possible to you please provide us a sample to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for your interest in Essential Diagram.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon