First I have problem with new site
and especially with Direct-Trac
I''m receiving a script error
"Line 34 . Child Window undefined".
What about totals inside the grid area ?
1. databoundgrid. I want to have this fuctionality without to change controls (grouping).
2. groupingcontrol - I had proposed before months to be able to display totals on grouping bar.
3. Virtual Grid . In a read-only virtual grid , it seems easy to add a totals row (totals providen ready).
But it will be nice to have a sample.
In general we need real life samples especially for data bound applications.
Another request ( I have asked before months also).
Your documentation for class hierarchies and functionality is not enough.
Meanwhile in forums threads there is a thesaurous
of knowledge.It is impossible to serf all the time .
I need a download version of Forum messages in an Acccess Database.
So I will able to characterize and combine the search results I want.
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team December 9, 2003 07:03 AM
thanks for your feedback.
1) With regards to adding support for summaries in GridDataBoundGrid, I don't expect that we'll be able to add new feature to GridDataBoundGrid itsself anymor for 2.0. The development focus right now is on GridGroupingControl. However, I think you should be able to use the Engine to create the summaries that you need and then display them below the grid. There are samples in Grouping how to use the grouping engine stand-alone. We'll try to come up with a sample for that eventually. I made a note.
2) That will be added soon. We are right now putting a styles architecture in place that will allow you to customize the formatting of the grouping control at any level (column, record, group, table etc.)
3) We'll probably provide a sample that will show how to let the engine create summaries and then display them in a virtual grid. That is often requested.
We'll also be providing more documentation soon.