We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Accessing a different cell''s data from a cell

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91629 Nov 25,2009 03:05 PM Nov 27,2009 01:32 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: Tools
Russell Judge
Asked On November 25, 2009 03:05 PM

I'm using the GridDataControl in XAML. This is bound to a dataset.

I want to bind a control in a cell so that the visibility is dependent on the value of another cell (or column from the datatable) in the same row. The value of that control is bound to its own CellBoundValue, which is different than what the visibility attribute will need bound to.

How do I do this?

As a simplified example:

GridDataControl is bound to SampleDataTable, which has columns SampleColumn1 and SampleColumn2. The first GridDataVisibleColumn of the GridDataControl is Mapped to SampleColumn1, while the second GridDataVisibleColumn is mapped to SampleColumn2. I want the Visibility of a control I'm dumping in the second GridDataVisibleColumn to map to SampleColumn1 (or to the value from the first GridDataVisibleColumn, whichever works better).

Thank you.

Ganesan K [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 27, 2009 01:32 AM

Hi Russell,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You could bind to other columns as "{Binding Path=Record.Data.SampleColumn2}" in our latest build 7.4.0.20.

For our previous build you use like this "{Binding Path=Record.SampleColumn2}".

Download the workaround sample in the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=GDCSample_ad090803.zip&team=development

Please check with this and let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks
Ganesan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;