We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Accessing a different cell''s data from a cell

I'm using the GridDataControl in XAML. This is bound to a dataset.

I want to bind a control in a cell so that the visibility is dependent on the value of another cell (or column from the datatable) in the same row. The value of that control is bound to its own CellBoundValue, which is different than what the visibility attribute will need bound to.

How do I do this?

As a simplified example:

GridDataControl is bound to SampleDataTable, which has columns SampleColumn1 and SampleColumn2. The first GridDataVisibleColumn of the GridDataControl is Mapped to SampleColumn1, while the second GridDataVisibleColumn is mapped to SampleColumn2. I want the Visibility of a control I'm dumping in the second GridDataVisibleColumn to map to SampleColumn1 (or to the value from the first GridDataVisibleColumn, whichever works better).

Thank you.

1 Reply

GK Ganesan K Syncfusion Team November 27, 2009 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Russell,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You could bind to other columns as "{Binding Path=Record.Data.SampleColumn2}" in our latest build 7.4.0.20.

For our previous build you use like this "{Binding Path=Record.SampleColumn2}".

Download the workaround sample in the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=GDCSample_ad090803.zip&team=development

Please check with this and let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks
Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon