We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding Symbol to the Model Layer causes an exception

I have a created a custom Symbol that I am programmatically adding to the diagram model. If I add the custom symbol instance to the diagram through Model.Nodes property, the symbol renders fine. But if I create a layer for the model and then add the symbol to the layer, an exception is thrown at render time. Repro is attached. Note: inte repro if you click the first button you see the symbol rendered. If you click the second button, the symbol is not rendered. If at this point you resize the form, an exception is thrown. Essential Suite: 2.0.1.0 VS.NET 2003 .NET Framework 1.1 DiagramControlAddSymbolToLayerBug_9989.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2003 11:52 AM UTC

A new AppendChild method has been added to the model that takes the layer name as a parameter. This will allow you to add a node to the model and assign it to a layer in a single step. In addition, if you try to add a node to a layer that doesn''t exist in the model an exception is now thrown. If you add a node to a layer through the Model.Layers collection, the node must already exist in the model. This should reduce confusion over that interface. >I have a created a custom Symbol that I am programmatically adding to the diagram model. If I add the custom symbol instance to the diagram through Model.Nodes property, the symbol renders fine. But if I create a layer for the model and then add the symbol to the layer, an exception is thrown at render time. > >Repro is attached. Note: inte repro if you click the first button you see the symbol rendered. If you click the second button, the symbol is not rendered. If at this point you resize the form, an exception is thrown. > > >Essential Suite: 2.0.1.0 >VS.NET 2003 >.NET Framework 1.1 > > >DiagramControlAddSymbolToLayerBug_9989.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon