We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What is a licensecontext.slf

We're getting an error, using 7.303.0.20 that we've never seen before. It's throwing an exception asking about a licensecontext.slf file.
This seems to happen in our clients systems with the app we've given them but I'm unable to repro it.
I've since downloaded a new Syncfusion.Core.dll as suggested ion some older posts and hoping this will resolve the problem.
Any ideas?

Message: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application. at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.TryAddingSLF(String workingDir)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv..ctor()

1 Reply

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team November 24, 2009 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have a known issue with the version 7.3.0.20 and we posted the solution in the below forum post.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/89063/fix-for-runtime-error---%22license-has-expired%22-(even-when-correct-license-is-installed)

Once you replaced this new patch, it should not request the SLF file to be created for runtime licensing. Please ensure that the assembly is created on 17th July 2009 in the application folder or wherever you refer for your project. Please let me know if you face the same issue again.

Thanks,
Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon