We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Currency Cell type problem

Hi,
We have GridDataBoundGrid's bound to DataView's and some of the cells are "Currency" cell type.
We are handling the CurrentCellValidating event and when we do we have a bit of code that does this:

object proposedValue = CurrentCell.Renderer.GetCellValue();

For regular text cells and masked cells the variable proposedValue is initialized to what the user has just typed in and it's the correct type (string, integer, etc). But for currency cells, it's always a decimal whose value is 0 if, and only if, the cell value was previously null.
If the cell value is not null and the user types in, for example, 123 then the value from the call to GetCellValue will be a decimal of 123 as expected.
I haven't been able to check if this behaviour also occurs in cells masked as numbers or date cells - I'm guessing it's probably just currency cells.
We've recently upgraded to version 7.303 from 6.4 and this doesn't seem to happen in 6.4.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,
Mark Atkinson

1 Reply

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team November 19, 2009 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We able to the mentioned issue with our 7.3.0.20 version. It has been resolved in our latest version. Please upgrade to our latest version 7.4.0.20.

Try using below link to get our latest version details and download
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon