We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

"Language edition" of the version of excel that created a workbook

Hello,

Does anybody know if Syncfusion can determine the "Language edition" of the version of excel that created a workbook. Ie, is it English, Swedish, Spanish etc.

Thanks Stephen

4 Replies

PJ Pravin Joshua D Syncfusion Team November 16, 2009 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your using in Essential XlsIO. Currently this feature is not available in the library. Could you please let us know why you are looking for this specific feature ? This will be helpful for us to suggest any other possible ways to achieve your requirements. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Pravin Joshua D

PJ Pravin Joshua D Syncfusion Team November 16, 2009 03:32 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for using Essential XlsIO. Currently this feature is not available in the library. Could you please let us know why you are looking for this specific feature ? This will be helpful for us to suggest any other possible ways to achieve your requirements. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Pravin Joshua D

SS Stephen Sawyer November 16, 2009 11:40 PM UTC

Hello Pravin,

I want to do an automated import of a excel document with a fixed format. It would useful if I could determine the culture of the creator of the workbook so as to better interpret business specific data in the sheet. I understand from your comment that data is stored in the workbook, and you are not accessing it. If so, are there any plans for accessing it in the future?

Stephen

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 25, 2009 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the details.

I am not able to find the Language details stored by MS Excel in a workbook. Could you please give us more information on how you are able to locate it in the Excel file? However, you may store "Language" as one of the Custom property. Please refer to our online sample demonstrating the same in the link below:

DocumentProperties

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon