We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Errorhandling Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91341 Nov 13,2009 03:40 AM Nov 13,2009 07:37 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Martin Rumbohm
Asked On November 13, 2009 03:40 AM

Hi,

i have a GridGroupingControl and want do disable clicking in the next line when i get an error while line change.

For example:

I want to add a new record with 3 Fields at the top of the grid.
After changing the line or press enter want to check if one these fields is emty. If one field is empty the i want that the user becomes a message like "Error saving Data, because one field is empty".

At this point i want the stay in the current ("Add new line") line at the top (don´t change the line!) that the user has the posibility to add some data to the empty field and try to save the line ones more.

I see a validate value event, that has the behavior i wish to have but i only able to say "only allow numeric". Theres no possibility for me to add an own validation with "checkEmptyFields()" or something like this!

I spend a lot of time find a solution, but i found nothing.

I would be very thankfull, when you can give me urgent help.

additional Informations:

Syncfusion Version: 7.3.0.20

best regards,
Martin

Lingaraj S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 13, 2009 07:37 AM

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please try using CurrentRecordContextChange with conditional statements to achieve your requirement as shown attached sample.

Refer the sample from below link:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/forums/GGCAddNew.zip

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;