We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridGroupingControl Errorhandling very urgent

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91309 Nov 12,2009 12:20 PM UTC Nov 16,2009 09:55 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Martin Rumbohm
Asked On November 12, 2009 12:20 PM UTC

Hi,

i have a GridGroupingControl and want do disable clicking in the next line when i get an error while line change.

For example:

I want to add a new record with 3 Fields at the top of the grid.
After changing the line or press enter want to check if one these fields is emty. If one field is empty the i want that the user becomes a message like "Error saving Data, because one field is empty".

At this point i want the stay in the current ("Add new line") line at the top (don´t change the line!) that the user has the posibility to add some data to the empty field and try to save the line ones more.

I see a validate value event, that has the behavior i wish to have but i only able to say "only allow numeric". Theres no possibility for me to add an own validation with "checkEmptyFields()" or something like this!

I spend a lot of time find a solution, but i found nothing.

I would be very thankfull, when you can give me urgent help.

best regards,
Martin

Martin Kappl
Replied On November 13, 2009 07:02 AM UTC

Take a look at the "DataSourceControlRowAdding" event. There is a handled and a canceled property. Set canceled to true and the line stays in edit mode.

Martin Rumbohm
Replied On November 13, 2009 08:36 AM UTC

sorry. I see that i post in the wrong forum. I work with windows forms in vb.net and not in asp.net.

sorry for my inconvenience.

best regards,

Bharath M [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 16, 2009 09:55 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Bharath .M

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;