We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Record selector

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

91297 Nov 12,2009 05:40 AM Nov 18,2009 10:44 PM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 6
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Martin Kappl
Asked On November 12, 2009 05:40 AM

Is there a way to control the width of the record selector column, when using grid width 100%?

Gowri Manohari D [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 13, 2009 05:58 AM

Hi Martin,

We assume that "Record Selector Column" is a grid column. We have created sample for controlling column width of the grid when grid width is 100%.

Please find the sample from below link
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.3.0.20/61286/main.htm

Let me know if the above sample helps you or otherwise provide some more details about your requirement.

Regards,
Gowri

Martin Kappl
Replied On November 16, 2009 07:54 AM

I ment the first column visible when using "TopLevelGroupOptions=>ShowCaption". It´s used to display the selected record indicater arrow.

Replied On November 18, 2009 01:34 AM

Hi Martin,

Currently we don't have a support to set the width property for row header cell directly. But we can set indirectly via cssclass in javascript. All the style related properties can be set in GridGroupingControl_QueryStyleInfo event. The sample which i have created will illustrates how to control the width of row header cell. Please refer the sample for more details.

Please check the below link
http://help.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.3.0.20/F91297/main.htm

Let me know if you have any queries

Regards,
Gowri

Martin Kappl
Replied On November 18, 2009 02:45 AM

I think we are still talking about different things. Maybe my description is not correct. I attached a sample were I marked the column I want to set the width as fixed. I have set the grid width to 100% and the column width for all columns except one. The grid takes the correct width for the columns with the width set and resizes the one with no width set. So far so good! BUT the first column (marked in my attached sample) get´s also resized when using 100% width for the grid. I now want to know, if I can set this column to a fixed width like the other.

sample_6af801c0.zip

Martin Kappl
Replied On November 18, 2009 06:44 AM

Oh ok. I checked your sample and now I understand what you described. The column I was talking about is called "RecordHeader". Now I got it.. works great!

Thank you! :-)

Replied On November 18, 2009 10:44 PM

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Gowri

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;