We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trader Grid Sample with Silverlight

Hello,

I'm a newbie in the Silverlight area and have some questions on the Trader Grid Sample. The Trader Grid example shows random updates to the grid which are produced by the .cs code and rendered in the browser. All of this happens (once downloaded) on the client machine. In the 'real world', there would be many differences. For example, updates would be streaming from the web server (or other connection) to the browser. So, I have a few questions:

- Is 'Grouping' supported in the Silverlight Product as it is with WinForms and the Syncfusion Grid?

- Is using a grid bound to an internal DataTable (not necessarily a directly connected database) fully supported in the Silverlight grid product?

- Are "updates" as shown in the Trader Grid Sample in the Silverlight Grid possible in the ASP.NET Syncfusion Product?

- This may not be a direct Syncfusion question but is there any 'requirement' on how the data is sent to the Silverlight grid application. In other words, does it have to be from a Web Service? If not, how else would this data be streamed? Does it just need to come in from a Silverlight Assembly that is build with the application along with the Syncfusion Grid?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Reply

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team November 17, 2009 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Steven,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Grouping - We have added a new Silverlight GridDataControl, You can download our latest Essential Studio Vol4 to check out this new data bound grid.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Internal DataTable - The Silverlight FW supports only IList, IEnumerable interface lists, and there is no DataTable.

Real time updates in ASP.NET Grid - No, we do not support real time updates as we do in Silverlight Grid.

DataSource for the Grid - The Trader Grid sample generates random data in the client side, in the real world, you would have to pull the data from a WCF service / Web service / RIA services.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon