We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Highlight annotations

Good Morning,

I'm trying this product and I'm finding it very useful, but I can't find an example to highlight a word in a pdf document page and then it appears as an annotation (like the tool used in acrobat to highligt a word).

I need to do it because the application I'm developping is for finding a few words in pdf documents and get them highlighted.

Thanks a lot for your response.

1 Reply

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team November 10, 2009 07:02 AM UTC

Hi José,

Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.

I regret to let you know, currently Essential PDF doesn’t support to find a word in a PDF document and highlight the word. But you can draw highlight annotation in a PDF document by using PdfTextMarkupAnnotation. Kindly refer the sample code snippet which demonstrates of drawing highlight annotation in a PDF document,

//Create a pdf textmarkup annotation
PdfTextMarkupAnnotation markupAnnotation = new PdfTextMarkupAnnotation("Markup annotation", "Markup annotation with highlight style", markupText, new PointF(175, 40), pdfFont);
markupAnnotation.TextMarkupColor = new PdfColor(Color.LightBlue);
markupAnnotation.TextMarkupAnnotationType = PdfTextMarkupAnnotationType.Highlight;
//Add this annotation to a new page.
page.Annotations.Add(markupAnnotation);

Please do find the sample from the below specified location and let me know if you need any further assistance.

http://files.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Windows/PDF_Win_F91138.zip

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon