We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl and Saving

Hi,

I'm currently using LINQ as a datasource for my GridGroupingControl. The control is able to show my data....

Could somebody tell me how I could save this data? Which functions do I need to implement since I always get the message 'the Specified method is not supported' when I push the save button.

Thanks a lot
Best regards,
Ivan

13 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 29, 2009 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The error message 'specified method is not supported' can be avoided in the following ways.

1. The UpdateCommand has to be specified inside the LINQ DataSource.

2. If you are doing a custom Insert/Update operation, then you need to handle the follow events,

DataSourceControlRowUpdating,
DataSourceControlRowAdding

this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSourceControlRowUpdating += new GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventHandler(this.RowUpdating);

private void RowUpdating(object sender, GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventArgs e) {
e.Cancel = true;
}

This would by default allow you do custom updates onto your underlying datasource.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rekha

IV Ivan Van Den Bossche October 29, 2009 09:53 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your clear answer. I also implemented the Adding and Updating events and it seems to work ;-)

Thank you very much
Best regards,
Ivan

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 30, 2009 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the update and kindly update us if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Rekha

IV Ivan Van Den Bossche November 1, 2009 07:31 PM UTC

Hi,

I still have a problem with the Delete event.

I implemented the DataSourceControlRowDeleting event but this gets never executed when I push the Delete link. I also implemented the DataSourceControlRowUpdating and DataSourceControlRowAdding event successfully.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks and best regards,
Ivan

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team November 10, 2009 05:40 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

The issue which you have mentioned is already known issue. The issue has been fixed. Here we have provided the custom assembly for the fix. Please make use of it.

Please find the assembly from below link
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.3.0.20/60041/Assembly60041.zip

Follow the steps below to install the assembly:

(i) Delete the existing Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web.dll reference with version 7.303.0.20 from the GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly)
(ii) Place the attached updated assemblies in the following folder, replacing the existing ones.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\Assemblies\3.5
(iii) Now drag and drop these new assemblies from the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\Assemblies\3.5 folder into the GAC. Note that the assembly has to be dragged and dropped - copy-paste does not work.”

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Gowri

GM Gowri Manohari D Syncfusion Team November 10, 2009 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The above link which i have given is not working. Hence we have created new link and provided the solution in the incident (#61862). Henceforth please follow up the incident token #61862 for further details.

Regards,
Gowri

SU Santosh U January 25, 2012 10:10 AM UTC

Hi,

I also have the same issue. Can you please give me this assembly.

Thanks,
Santosh

SU Santosh U January 30, 2012 06:04 AM UTC

Hi,

Any updates....Can you please send me above assembly asap.

Thanks,

Santosh

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team January 30, 2012 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here is the link you can download the assemblies.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/GGC.Web/7.3.0.20/Assembly60041.zip

Please try the above dll and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

SU Santosh U January 31, 2012 06:02 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the response.but i did not communicate that i am using syncfusion version 7.203.0.20 (Essential studio 2009 volume 2). can you please provide Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web dll of this version.

Thanks,
Santosh

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 1, 2012 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the update.

We regret to let you know that we can only provide the assemblies through Direct-Trac incident, so could you please create the incident in your direct trac account.
You can login to your Direct-Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/Logon

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

SU Santosh U February 1, 2012 02:40 PM UTC

Hi,

I created new incident in direct-trac. please look into it.

Thanks,
Santosh

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 9, 2012 04:12 PM UTC

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the update.

We will follow up that corresponding incident which you have created.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon