We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem config editorcontrol with placeholder-keywords

Hi there,

I have an APP with an editor inside. The editor shall show some keywords in special format.
The keywords have the format "[%" + keyword + "%]", e.g.
[%MYKEYWORD1%]
[%MYKEYWORD2%]
[%MYKEYWORD3%]

if the user inserted a keyword, the whole keyword, including the brackets, shall be shown in a special format, e.g bold. If the user misspells the word (e.g. [%MYKEYWOR3%]), the whole placeholder shall be shown in a special format, e.g. red underlined.

First problem: how to tell the editorcontrol to react on "[%"? I got it with "[", but not with "[%".

Next problem, how to format the whole keyword including brackets and percent-character?

See my xml-config attached

can you give me a hint?

Thanks, regards sascha

mailEditConfig_46950dc6.zip

5 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 10, 2009 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

I regret for the long delay in not updating this forum. I am working on these and I will get back to you tomorrow with the samples for them.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 11, 2009 10:22 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Can you please try this sample and let me know if this helps you?

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=CustomConfigDemo_SampleF90953_a17ea60b.zip&team=support

First problem: how to tell the editorcontrol to react on "[%"? I got it with "[", but not with "[%".
The lexem definition has this information. Please check test_config.xml.

Next problem, how to format the whole keyword including brackets and percent-character?
By applying the format to the detected lexem, you can achieve this. Please check the sample shown here.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 11, 2009 10:26 AM UTC

[Config.XML]

BorderStyle="Solid" />

txt

[%
%]

MS Mr. Sascha Wald December 16, 2009 12:50 PM UTC

ok - guess I can use this.

thanks
sascha