We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Issue with grouping grid jumping focus to top on clicking

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

90776 Oct 16,2009 12:58 PM Oct 19,2009 10:46 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Brian R
Asked On October 16, 2009 12:58 PM

Hey there,

I have a GridGroupingControl where I am displaying Departments with items beneath it. On the item level I have a single editable column for entering a quantity. This is a numeric up/down column. I wanted to have it so that when a user clicks in that cell to change the value that it would auto select the current value. This was to prevent situations where a field that had the value of 0 and they then went to enter 1 but instead got 10 because the 1 was placed in front of the 0 rather than overwriting it.

Based on past comments in here I tried setting the following and this part worked.

TableModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.SelectAll;

But I then would get some error message and found on a different thread in here to do the following.

TableControl.EnableForwardCurrentCellControlKeyMessages(false);

So far so good.

Now, I have the problem that if they click anywhere on a row that required them to scroll down to view it, the grid will immediately jump back to the top. This is making it almost impossible to use the system.

It all seems to stem from the setting of TableModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to either SelectAll or SetCurrent. I've tried the other options and they don't reposition the grid upon clicking. I've also tried using the same values on a grid where the data isn't nested like this and it doesn't reposition.

I'm using version 4.202.0.60 of the grid control.

TIA,

Brian

Lingaraj S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 19, 2009 10:46 AM

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue in GridGroupingControl when the numeric up down cell is used.

We have created a simple sample to test the issue with GridGroupingControl as below and followed the mentioned steps in this sample.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/Forums/GGCTest.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if the issue still exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;