We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

TreeViewAdv: Determining drag state inside another event?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

90707 Oct 13,2009 06:44 PM Nov 12,2009 08:59 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Tools
Keith Steinbeck
Asked On October 13, 2009 06:44 PM

Hello,

How can I determine if a Drag event is in progress when inside another event? Inside the tree's BeforeExpand event for example? The tree doesn't seem to have anything like an IsDragging or DragInProgress property.

Also, if this functionality is not supported and I have to track this myself (as I am currently), how can I tell when an invalid dragdrop has been completed?

Meaning, if I drag over an invalid target and release the mouse the dragdrop ends but no event is raised. Its like canceling, but QueryContinueDrag doesn't register anything useful and I can't find any way be notified when this happens. As a result I can't accurately track if the tree is in a dragging state or not.

I've handled all the other dragdrop potentialities but this one.

Suggestions?

Keith

Balavasanth [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 14, 2009 08:51 AM

Hi Keith,

We are working on this and will update you a solution by tomorrow. We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks for participating in Syncfusion Forums.

Best,
Bala.

Keith Steinbeck
Replied On October 22, 2009 06:33 PM

Bala,

Any update on this?

Keith

Keith Steinbeck
Replied On November 5, 2009 02:17 PM

"Tomorrow" was a couple of weeks ago now (10/15); can I please get an update on this issue/fix?

Githanjali S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 12, 2009 08:59 AM

Hi Keith,

We are working over this issue.In the meanwhile you can try inserting a bool value in the source code of the control to track the dragging state of the TreeViewAdv control.

Regards,
Githanjali

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;