We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Problem

Hi,

I am new to Syncfusion, and have just purchased the WPF Chart library. I am having an issue with licensing that I cannot find an answer to in your documentation.

I have your product installed, as I am creating charts, but the other developer in our team does not have it installed and will not be creating charts. However, he does need to be able to run the project we are using the charts in. At the moment whenever we try and run the project we get an exception where Syncfusion tells us he does not have a valid license.

I tried generating a license file through your License Enabler tool, but when that is included in the Visual Studio project the other developer cannot even compile the code without a licensing error.

I assume there is some way that Syncfusion should be able to work in this scenario - I would be grateful if someone could give me a step by step guide of how I am supposed to set this up within VIsual Studio (or point me to where it is in your documentation).

Thanks,
Matt.

3 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 13, 2009 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Matthew,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have a known licensing issue with the version 7.3.0.20 and we posted the solution in the below forum post.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/89063/fix-for-runtime-error---%22license-has-expired%22-(even-when-correct-license-is-installed)

Also, please ensure the following steps once you applied the patch before running your application.

In the patch provided in the above forum post, The core assembly version should have the dated as 17th July whereas other assemblies with other dates like 10th July. If you keep the assemblies in application bin folder, please ensure that you have replaced with the new Syncfusion.Core assembly. Or if you keep the assemblies in GAC, please try running Assembly Manager and install new Syncfusion.Core assembly from precompiled assemblies folder into GAC.

2. Remove Obj & Bin folder of your application and recompile it.

3. Now, run your application and it should work for you.

Please let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards,
Vijay

MM Matthew Monks October 13, 2009 12:34 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have followed your steps, added the new DLL (we have it in a lib dir), cleaned and rebuilt, but I still get the same errors as before.

Currently this library is unusable unless I get everyone to install Syncfusion, which would break my licensing and I don't want to do it anyway.

Is there a way to run an application containing Syncfusion charts through Visual Studio if you are not licensed? Otherwise we may have to ask for our money back!

Thanks,
Matt.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team November 24, 2009 09:09 AM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

To be able to build an application that uses Syncfusion dlls in Visual Studio, you need to have the Syncfusion unlock key installed in the machine. Atleast an evaluation key will help you to build the application in the machine that do not have Syncfusion installed.

However, I have forwarded this to our Sales team and they will get back to you with the details on how you can get this unlock key setup. You can also email to salessupport@syncfusion.com informing the same.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon