We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Orthogonal Line Connections

Hello,

I am trying to create an orthogonal connection between two nodes in the diagram but I do not find the necessary properties. I need my connection to be routed throw some specific points, points that I can add to my line connection. Is that possible?

I also cannot find any events for the position changing and position changed of a node or line. Is there a way to have this?

Thanks,
Andrei

1 Reply

NA Nikhil A Syncfusion Team October 12, 2009 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

In the current version of Diagram WPF , it is not possible to manually specify points on the line connector to route them accordingly. This feature has already been added to our feature queue and it will be available in our future releases. However custom connection ports can be added to the node and connections can be made to those specific points on the node . For more information on Connection ports please refer our online documentation:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/diagramWPF/defaultWPF.html

Navigate to : ConceptsAndFeatures-->ConnectionPort.

Essential Diagram WPF provides several events for Nodes and Connections. The NodeDragStart and NodeDragEnd events can be used to achieve you requirement. The NodeDragStart event fires as soon as the user starts to drag the node, i.e. before the position is changed. And the NodeDragEnd event fires soon after the node's position is changed (drag is over).

These events can be specified as follows:

diagramView.NodeDragStart += new NodeEventHandler(diagramView_NodeDragStart);

• And then the event handler can be specified in the code behind as follows.

// Event Handler
void diagramView_NodeDragStart(object sender, NodeRoutedEventArgs evtArgs)
{
// user specified code
}

Similarly other events can be accessed.

For complete information on all the events available , please refer our online documentation:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_73/diagramWPF/defaultWPF.html

Navigate to : ConceptsAndFeatures-->Event Mechanism

Please let us know if there are any concerns.

Regards,
Nikhil,
Syncfusion WPF team

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon