We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Run sample fails in browser

Just installed 7.3.0.20 and when I try and run samples from the browser, a small box flickers on and off but nothing happens. No message or anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

6 Replies

DG Dan Garvin October 9, 2009 06:18 PM UTC

During the installation, got two errors referring to installupdate or something. Clicked to not send an error report to Microsoft and the installation completed. Then when I first open the Dashboard and click on View Windows Forms Samples, get an error: "Suncfusion Essential STudio Windows Forms Edition Sample Browser was unable to access the folder containing sample files - c:\documents and settings]admin\my documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.2.0.25\Windows. This occurs when the installation of Essential STudio was run under a different user account than the current user account."

I downloaded and installed 7.3.0.20, not 7.2.0.25. And my user account is "Dan G", not admin. I fixed this problem by editing:

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\Infrastructure\Dashboard\installinfo.ini and replacing the second line

samples=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.2.0.25

with

samples=C:\Documents and Settings\Dan G\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.3.0.20

Also changed the first line of the same .ini file by changing

studio=C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.25

with

studio=C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20

but still can't run sample. I can open up the C# source code in VS 2005 and then run the program, but it would be much more convenient if I can just run it form the dashboard like I did with my previous version (5.1.1.47). Thanks.

DG Dan Garvin October 9, 2009 07:13 PM UTC

Thanks. I upgraded to 7.3.0.20 and I can see a difference. I still need to test more, but it looks promising. Thanks again for your help.

DG Dan Garvin October 10, 2009 06:38 PM UTC

The previous post was for another thread. Sorry. Still would like some help on this, if possible.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 12, 2009 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please ensure that the Samples folder has the Full access rights to your account? Also, please attach the INI file which you edited to make the Sample browser to run and let me know your machine configuration & OS details.

It would help us to sort out this problem at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Vijay

DG Dan Garvin October 12, 2009 03:41 PM UTC

Here's the ini file I modified. I'm running XP Professional Version 2002 SP3. I believe I have full permissions to the samples directory. I am an admin on this machine. Thanks.

installinfo_2bb39631.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 13, 2009 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

We would like to schedule a web meeting so that we can get the issue sorted.We cannot send the meeting invitation details in the public Forum because we have to maintain the confidentiality of our customers. So could you please open an incident in Direct Trac account and refer to this forum link so that we can schedule a meeting with you.

Thanks,
Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon