We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

TabbedMDIManager closing tabs using context menu.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

90437 Oct 1,2009 05:27 AM Oct 21,2009 06:32 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Accounts Payable
Asked On October 1, 2009 05:27 AM

How do I enable the context menu to be opened on a tab that is not currently in focus? I want to enable the user to close the tab without having to draw the screen. Currently when you right click on a tab that is not in focus, this bring the tab into focus. I do not want this to happen.

Mano J [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 21, 2009 06:32 AM

Hi James,

You can prevent the tab getting selected by cancelling the selected index changing event when right click is made.

private void tabbedMDIManager_TabControlAdded(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs args)
{
tabControl = args.TabControl;
tabControl.SelectedIndexChanging += new SelectedIndexChangingEventHandler(tabControl_SelectedIndexChanging);
}

void tabControl_SelectedIndexChanging(object sender, SelectedIndexChangingEventArgs args)
{
args.Cancel = (Control.MouseButtons == MouseButtons.Right);
}

But it will close only the active tab, not the tab under the mouse.

Regards,
Mano

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;