We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bitmap and Label in one node

I'm new to Essential Diagram for Windows Forms, but I fail to find a way to do what I want - perhaps someone can give me a hint.

I want to have a diagram with several nodes - nodes which contains different bitmaps and different texts. I want to be able to drag the nodes around in the diagram.

I have tried to use the Symbol Designer to create symbols with bitmaps and text, loading the symbols into a PaletteGroupView, and cloning the nodes from there. However, by doing that, I fail to change the text on the nodes programmatically (I can do it by clicking with the mouse in my app). I'm not sure if it's possible to change the text on the nodes the way I want like that.

The other thing I've tried is to use a BitmapNode, but that doesn't have a Labels property like Nodes inherited from PathNode.

The third option is to create two nodes. One for the Label and one for the Bitmap, but that seems like a flawed way of doing it, especially since I want to drag'n'drop the nodes (Bitmap and Label together)

Does anyone have a suggestion to how to accomplish what I want?

2 Replies

NK Nicklas Kittelmann September 25, 2009 01:01 PM UTC

I seem to have posted this in the wrong section:
I'm coding in WinForms, so please move this post if possible.

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team September 28, 2009 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Nicklas,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Whenever you create a symbol in "Symbol Designer" the symbol will be Grouped automatically. Thus you might not have able to access the text in the symbol through code easily. Currently the BitmapNode does not support labels and we have a open feature request for it.

To overcome this issue please create a BitmapNode and TextNode and Group them together. To know more about grouping, go through the following online document.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_71_new/diagram/Grouping.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon