We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Merge cells

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

90194 Sep 21,2009 07:47 PM UTC Sep 29,2009 12:08 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: Grouping
Shilvana
Asked On September 21, 2009 07:47 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using GroupingGrid in windows application.
I need to merge two columns - column 8 and 9. How do I do that?
Column 8 is a push button and 9 is a static.
I tried the code below:
GridColumnSpanDescriptor d2 = new GridColumnSpanDescriptor("Exemption", "C8:C9");
GridColumnSpanDescriptor d3 = new GridColumnSpanDescriptor("Exemption1", "C8:C9");
gridColumnSetDescriptor1.ColumnSpans.AddRange(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridColumnSpanDescriptor[] {
d2, d3});
this.m_GridControl.TableDescriptor.ColumnSets.AddRange(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridColumnSetDescriptor[] {
gridColumnSetDescriptor1});

How do I do this?
Thanks.

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 29, 2009 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Shilvana,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Proucts.

If your intension is to implement multirow records in GridGroupingControl by using GridColumnSpanDescriptor and GridColumnSetDescriptor classes, this can be achieved by the following code:

Here is the code:

Dim csd1 As GridColumnSpanDescriptor = New GridColumnSpanDescriptor("Criteria", GridRangeInfo.Cells(0, 0, 0, 1).ToString())
Dim csd2 As GridColumnSpanDescriptor = New GridColumnSpanDescriptor("Criteria Value", GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 0, 1, 0).ToString())
Dim csd3 As GridColumnSpanDescriptor = New GridColumnSpanDescriptor("History", GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 1, 1, 1).ToString())
Dim csd As GridColumnSetDescriptor = New GridColumnSetDescriptor()
csd.ColumnSpans.Add(csd1)
csd.ColumnSpans.Add(csd2)
csd.ColumnSpans.Add(csd3)
Me.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ColumnSets.Add(csd)

Please refer the minimal sample:

SampleLink'>http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/43195/main.htm">SampleLink

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;