We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filter Grid by Dynamic and DisplayMember at one time

Hi,

I am having a grid in which there are many combo boxes.

I am applying dynamic grid and its working fine. When I am trying to apply FilterBy DislayMember then it overrides dynamic and shows only displaymember filter and that too does not work.

can you pls guide,

Thanks,
Santosh

6 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for posting query to us.Please refer the following sample from our sample browser.

..\\My Documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.3.0.20\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Filters and Expressions\Filter By DisplayMember Demo\cs

This sample implements a solution for filtering a column by its display member instead of the value member of the column. This is accomplished by implementing a custom filter bar cell for use in the place of the default filter bar cell.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

SU Santosh U September 18, 2009 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thanks for you reply, I had already gone through it but did not get solution. I will just rephrase my query.

I want to apply both the filters together on one column. I works fine by ValueMember, but when I want to do it with DisplayMember the DynamicFilter stops working.

I have tried following, Do let me know what changes are required.

GridTableCellStyleInfo ggcStyle = gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Customers"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell;
ggcStyle.CellType = "ComboBox";
ggcStyle.DataSource = this.comboTable;
ggcStyle.ValueMember = "CustomerID";
ggcStyle.DisplayMember = "CustomerName";
this.gGCFilter = new GroupingGridFilterBarExt();
this.gGCFilter.WireGrid(this.gridGroupingControl1);

GridDynamicFilter gfilter = new GridDynamicFilter();
gfilter.WireGrid(this.gridGroupingControl1);

Thanks,
Santosh U

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team September 21, 2009 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for the details. It is not possible to have both GroupingGridFilterBarExt and GridDynamicFilter on the same column.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Regards,
Jisha

SU Santosh U September 25, 2009 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thanks for you update,

Santosh.

SU Santosh U September 25, 2009 01:33 PM UTC

Hi,

But can I have dynamic filters on 4 columns and displaymember on one of the column ? If yes then how to do that...?

Thanks,
Santosh

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team September 29, 2009 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Santosh,

It is not possible to have both GroupingGridFilterBarExt and GridDynamicFilter simultaneously. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon