We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Capturing Groupbar Parent Item Select

I can capture items that are clicked using the Groupbar1_ItemSelect method.

However I cant seem to capture when A user clicks on a header item on the groupbar. I want to capture this event and reload items in a second splitpane.

1 Reply

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team September 22, 2009 06:52 AM UTC

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

You can make use of the GroupBarItemSelected event which occurs when a GroupBar Item of the GroupBar control is selected.

Accessing the GroupBar.SelectedItem property from within the GroupBarItemSelected event handler will allow you to determine the item that was clicked. Based on this appropriate command, handling routines can be invoked.

[C# Code]

// Provide a handler for the GroupBar.GroupBarItemSelected event.

this.groupBar1.GroupBarItemSelected += new System.EventHandler(this.groupBar1_GroupBarItemSelected);

//The GroupBar.SelectedItem property fetches the index of the selected item, while the item is obtained by referencing the selected index within the GroupBar.GroupBarItems collection.

private void groupBar1_GroupBarItemSelected(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

Console.WriteLine(String.Concat("Selected Item = ", this.groupBar1.GroupBarItems[this.groupBar1.SelectedItem].Text));

}

Based on the selected Groupbar item you can perform the action.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Best,
Bala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon