We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Shadowed Label

Hi, everyone

I'd like to know how to make label's text - shadowed.

Thanks in advance ;-)
Allon

5 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 14, 2009 04:53 AM UTC

Hi Allon,

You can handle label's paint event and draw the string.

private void label1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
{
e.Graphics.DrawString(label1.Text, label1.Font, new SolidBrush(Color.Gray), 1, 1);
e.Graphics.DrawString(label1.Text, label1.Font, new SolidBrush(label1.ForeColor), 0, 0);
}

Regards,
Mano

AL Allon September 14, 2009 06:17 AM UTC

Hi, Mano

Thanks for your example. It works perfect.

I'd like to know how to do the same thing, without changing the location of the Label1.Text (when the Label1.Text is in the middle of the label, for example). I hope It's something simple and it's not depending on calculations depend on Label1.Text location. If it is the only way to do it, then it will be very helpful to know the location of the Label1.Text within the label control.

Thanks in advance :)
Allon

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 14, 2009 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Allon,

Please refer to the MyLabel class implementation in the Form1 in the attached sample. With this you can give Shadow Text to your label at any alignment.

Please change the ShadowColor property of the class to change the shadow color in rendering.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=ShadowLabel_1f92e198.zip&team=support

Regards,
Nanda

AL Allon September 14, 2009 09:09 AM UTC

Nanda, thanks a lot. It works absolutely fine.

Regards,
Allon

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 14, 2009 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Allon,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon